Monday, March 17, 2014
Rainfall recorded at South Gippsland Water’s storages from the 8th March to 14th March 2014 was 9.1mm at Ruby Creek and 8.4mm at Little Bass.
Philippe du Plessis, Managing Director of South Gippsland Water said today, “South Gippsland Water continues with the precautionary measure of supplementary water supplies from the Tarwin River for Korumburra. Water Restrictions have not been activated; however, should the dry conditions continue, Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Korumburra are imminent”.
All customers are reminded that Permanent Water Saving Rules are in force for all water supply systems.
The Permanent Water Saving Rules include;
– All hand held garden hoses to be leak free and fitted with trigger nozzles.
– Only clean paved areas with water if it is required and there is a health or safety hazard, or if staining has occurred and then only once a year.
– Fountains and water features can be used only if they recirculate water.
– Water gardens and lawns with sprinkler systems between 6pm and 10am (during the cool).
– Hand held hoses and buckets can used at any time.