Monday, April 14, 2014
Rainfall recorded at South Gippsland Water’s storages from the 5 April to 11 April 2014 was 29mm at Lance Creek, 37mm at Ruby Creek, 36mm at Coalition Creek, 29mm at Deep Creek, 36mm at Little Bass and 29mm at Battery Creek.
Philippe du Plessis, Managing Director South Gippsland Water said today, “The last week saw the first of considerable rain recorded across the region for the autumn season. More rain is needed to enable higher reservoir inflows. The Corporation continues to supplement water supplies from the Tarwin River for Korumburra”.
All customers are reminded that Permanent Water Saving Rules are in force for all water supply systems.
The Permanent Water Saving Rules include;
– All hand held garden hoses to be leak free and fitted with trigger nozzles.
– Only clean paved areas with water if it is required and there is a health or safety hazard, or if staining has occurred and then only once a year.
– Fountains and water features can be used only if they recirculate water.
– Water gardens and lawns with sprinkler systems between 6pm and 10am (during the cool).
– Hand held hoses and buckets can used at any time.