Concessions & Instalment Plans

Water and Sewerage Concessions are available for eligible concession card holders (owners and tenants), on their principal place of residence.

Eligible Cards

  • Pension Concession Card (PCC) issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
  • Department of Veteran Affairs Gold Repatriation Health Card
  • Health Care Card (excluding “Commonwealth Seniors Health Card”)

Eligible Concession Cards

Ineligible Cards

The following cards are ineligible for concession on water and sewerage service charges including:

  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Victorian Seniors Card
  • DVA Gold Card – Dependant
  • DVA White Card – Specific
  • Ineligible Health Card Cards are: “CD” (Child Disability) and “FO” (Foster Care)
Ineligible Cards

Eligibility Criteria

The property must be your principal place of residence.

You must be responsible for payment of the Service Account.

The name and address on the Service Account needs to match the name and address on your Concession Card.

If the concession is not shown on the front of your account, or to apply for a concession for the first time, please contact South Gippsland Water’s Customer Service Department on (03) 5682 0444 or 1300 851 636.

Alternatively you can complete the online Centrelink Concession Application Form or print it out and send to: South Gippsland Water, PO Box 102, Foster VIC 3960.

Department of Human Services: Concessions



If you receive a Centrelink payment you can pay your bills by convenient, automatic, fortnightly instalments. To set up Centrepay contact us to register or you can contact Centrelink directly.
Centrepay is a free direct bill-paying service offered to customers receiving Centrelink payments. Through Centrepay you can chose to pay bills by having a regular amount deducted from your Centrelink payments.

Things to know

  • You can set up and manage your Centrepay deduction with Centrelink or with us
  • You can use Centrepay to pay your existing charges, and set it up for future bills
  • The minimum deduction is $10 a fortnight
  • You can change, suspend or cancel your payment arrangements at any time
  • There is no cost to use Centrepay

More Information

Centrelink: About Centrepay
Centerpay Deduction Form

Payment Plans & Financial Hardship

South Gippsland Water recognise that some customers may have difficulty paying their water or sewerage account.   A phone call to our Customer Service Team is all it takes to let them know you are experiencing difficulties and let them assist you in keeping connected to these vital services.

Payment Plan Options

Having a payment plan in place is an effective way to ease the burden of accounts arriving. South Gippsland Water offer a range of options for customers to set up a payment plan and assist in budgeting for water and sewerage accounts.  To set up a payment plan call 1300 851 636.

Payment assistance can be provided through:

  • Regular repayment plans
  • Concession Card holder discounts
  • An individual payment plan
  • A Centrepay payment plan
  • Payment extension
  • A range of payment options

In cases of hardship, additional assistance can be provided to eligible customers in the form of a referral to free independent financial counsellors or access to a government funded relief grant.

A copy of the Corporations Residential Hardship Policy is available below.

Residential Hardship Policy

Financial Hardship: Utilities Relief Grant (URGS)

Customers experiencing financial hardship may be eligible for a Utility Relief Grant from the Department of Human Services.

The Department of Human Services provides assistance for domestic customers who are unable to pay their utilities bills due to a temporary financial crisis.

To be eligible you must hold one of the following concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Health Care Card

You may also be eligible if your household income is lower than the cap set by the Department of Human Services.

You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:

  • a significant increase in usage
  • recent decrease in income, for example loss of employment
  • high unexpected expenses on essential items
  • the cost of your water bill is more than 10% of your household income.
  • the cost of shelter is more than 30% of your household income.

Please contact us for further information or to apply for a Utility Relief Grant.
Applications can be made once every two years.