Join the National Water Week Poster Competition – Unleash Your Creativity!
🌊🎨 Make a Splash for National Water Week! 🎨🌊
It’s time to let your creativity flow! We are thrilled to announce the launch of the Statewide National Water Week Poster Competition for 2023. Children from 4-year-old Kindergarten up to Grade 6 in our service area are invited to participate and bring the theme “United by Water” to life by designing a colorful poster.
Express Yourself – No Limits!
We encourage young artists to explore their imagination using any art material, medium, or technology they prefer – from classic crayons to cutting-edge computer-generated imagery.
📅 Entry Deadline: 5 pm, Friday 1st September 2023
🏆 Age Categories:
- 4-year-old Kindergarten
- Years 1-2
- Years 3-4
- Years 5-6
🏅 Student Prizes:
- First Place: $100 worth of arts supplies
- Second Place: $50 worth of arts supplies
- Third Place: $25 worth of arts supplies
School Prize: All participating schools stand a chance to win $500 in a random draw! This prize can be used for a sustainability project, purchasing water-efficient products, or educational materials.
Let’s Get Creative – Lesson Plan for Teachers:
🎨For teachers, we’ve prepared a handy lesson plan to help children dive into the theme “United by Water” and express its significance in their own unique ways. Download the lesson plan here.
Our panel of South Gippsland Water staff will select the winners based on the following criteria:
- How well does the poster communicate the NWW Theme “United by Water” and relevant water-related issues?
- Visual appeal from a distance.
- Effective use of art materials.
- Innovative imagery, design, or concepts.
🖼️ Poster size must be A4 or A3 only.
🎨 Any medium is accepted, from traditional paper to digital creations.
🖥️ Group artwork is not allowed; each entry must be from one child/student.
📌 Each child/student may only submit one entry.
How to enter:
🚀 Entering is easier than ever! Simply upload your posters to our new online portal.
Important things to note:
📢 PLEASE NOTE:
- Entries MUST be submitted via our dedicated NWW web portal. Please refrain from mailing or dropping off physical posters at the SGW offices.
- The submission deadline is 5 pm, Friday 1st September 2023.
- Winners will be announced during National Water Week, 16-22 October 2023, both at school assemblies and on our website.
Tips for uploading posters:
📸 Please ensure only high-resolution, high-quality images are submitted.
📁 Accepted formats: .JPG, .PDF, or .PNG.
💾 Uploaded files are limited to a maximum of 20MB.
📷 If you’re taking a photo of the poster, consider the following:
- Good lighting for a clear image.
- Overhead shots work best to fill the entire screen.
- Avoid flash to prevent glare on glossy posters.
Join us in celebrating the importance of water while showcasing your artistic talents. Best of luck to all participants! 🎉🌊
Please email Janika Murray at email@example.com for any issues or trouble shooting.
2022 National Water Week South Gippsland Water winners
Tours & Presentations
For schools in South Gippsland Water’s service region, the Corporation offers FREE tours to their local Reservoirs, Water or Wastewater Treatment Plant and classroom incursions. South Gippsland Water will also provide a representative to present at your community group meeting.
Contact the Communications Team for further questions on our education programs, firstname.lastname@example.org