Monday, March 14th, 2022
PUBLIC NOTICE – WATER ACT 1989 (Vic)
South Gippsland Water Region Water Corporation [South Gippsland Water]
Water Restriction By-law 8
South Gippsland Water revokes Water Restriction By-law 7
In accordance with section 287ZC of the Water Act, South Gippsland Water hereby gives notice that it has made a by-law, titled Water Restriction By-law 8, pursuant to sections 171 and 160 of the Water Act 1989.
Water Restriction By-law Number 8 is made using a Model Water Restriction By-law issued by the Minister for Water on 4 March 2022. The Water Restriction By-law 8 is made in relation to restrictions and prohibitions on the use of water that may be imposed in the Water Supply Districts of South Gippsland Water.
The purpose of the by-law is to:
- promote the efficient use and conservation of water; and
- set out four stages of restrictions on the use of water; and
- specify things which must not be done while each stage of restriction persists; and
- specify principles for considering applications for exemptions from particular restrictions; and
- prescribe offences and penalties for the contravention of the By-law, including for which an infringement notice may be served; and
- prescribe classes of persons for the purpose of issuing infringement notices.
A copy of the By-law is available for inspection by:
- Visiting South Gippsland Water’s website sgwater.com.au
- Arranging a time for inspection at our Foster office 14 – 18 Pioneer Street Foster by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org