Monday, April 7th, 2014
Rainfall recorded at South Gippsland Water’s storages from the 29 March to 4 April 2014 was 2mm at Lance Creek, 2mm at Ruby Creek, 2mm at Coalition Creek, 2mm at Deep Creek, 2.4mm at Little Bass and 2mm at Battery Creek.
Ravi Raveendran, Manager of Operations, South Gippsland Water said today, “Despite some showers and drizzly weather, very little rainfall was recorded, with only 2mm recorded at most at South Gippsland Water catchments. The Corporation continues to supplement water supplies from the Tarwin River for Korumburra”.
All customers are reminded that Permanent Water Saving Rules are in force for all water supply systems.
The Permanent Water Saving Rules include;
– All hand held garden hoses to be leak free and fitted with trigger nozzles.
– Only clean paved areas with water if it is required and there is a health or safety hazard, or if staining has occurred and then only once a year.
– Fountains and water features can be used only if they recirculate water.
– Water gardens and lawns with sprinkler systems between 6pm and 10am (during the cool).
– Hand held hoses and buckets can used at any time.