Monday, March 24th, 2014
Rainfall recorded at South Gippsland Water’s storages from the 15th March to 21st March 2014 was 21mm Lance Creek, 22mm Ruby Creek, 30mm Coalition Creek, 18mm Deep Creek, 23mm Little Bass and 24mm Battery Creek.
Philippe du Plessis, Managing Director of South Gippsland Water said today, “Approximately 20mm – 30mm across the district has assisted in holding storages steady. South Gippsland Water continues with the precautionary measure of supplementary water supplies from the Tarwin River for Korumburra.
All customers are reminded that Permanent Water Saving Rules are in force for all water supply systems.
The Permanent Water Saving Rules include;
– All hand held garden hoses to be leak free and fitted with trigger nozzles.
– Only clean paved areas with water if it is required and there is a health or safety hazard, or if staining has occurred and then only once a year.
– Fountains and water features can be used only if they recirculate water.
– Water gardens and lawns with sprinkler systems between 6pm and 10am (during the cool).
– Hand held hoses and buckets can used at any time.