Monday, March 19th, 2018
There was no rainfall recorded at South Gippsland Water’s storages between the 10th and 16th of March 2018.
All customers are encouraged to ensure that they are following either Stage 2 Water Restriction rules for residents of Korumburra or the Permanent Water Saving Rules for all other townships, which are low level restrictions on the use of drinking water in the home and garden.
Stage 2 Water Restriction Snapshot:
- Watering of lawns is BANNED
- Watering systems can only be used to water gardens between 6am–8am and 6pm–8pm on alternate days*. Particular sporting grounds can be watered as required, but only in accordance with an approved Water Use Plan.
*Alternate days means odd numbered houses can water on odd dates of the month and even numbered houses can water on even numbered dates. Both odd and even numbered houses can water on the 31st of the month. Where there is no house number the property is considered an even numbered house.
- Hosing concrete, paving and hard surfaces is BANNED except for construction purposes, in an emergency, or to address a health or safety hazard.
- Vehicles can be washed using a high pressure cleaning device, or if not available a bucket, watering can or a hand held hose fitted with a trigger nozzle can be used at any time.
- To fill or top up a new or existing pool or spa with a capacity 2,000 litres or less, a bucket, watering can or a hand held hose fitted with a trigger nozzle can be used between 6am-8am and 6pm-8pm. An automatic water top-up device can be used at any time.
- Pools and spas of greater than 2,000 litres capacity must not be filled unless a Water Conservation Plan has been submitted to South Gippsland Water and approved.
Permanent Water Saving Rules Snapshot:
- Water during the cool – Between 6pm and 10am.
- Sweep, don’t hose – Hosing hard surfaces such as paths and driveways is not permitted.
- Install trigger nozzles – All outdoor hoses are required to be leak free and fitted with trigger nozzles”.
Any customers who have questions or concerns regarding their water supply can contact South Gippsland Water’s friendly Customer Service Team on 1300 851 636.
|Reservoir||Major towns supplied||Capacity level %||Current Status|
|Lance Creek||Wonthaggi, Inverloch and Cape Paterson||76||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Ruby Creek||Leongatha and surrounds||64||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Coalition Creek||Korumburra and surrounds||50||Stage 2 Water Restrictions apply from midnight 15/3/18|
|Foster Dam – Deep Creek||Foster area||84||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Little Bass||Poowong, Nyora and Loch||60||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Battery Creek||Fish Creek||74||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|River Systems||Major Town Supplied||Current Status|
|Tarwin||Meeniyan, Dumbalk||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Agnes||Welshpool, Port Welshpool, Toora, Port Franklin||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Tarra||Yarram, Alberton, Port Albert||Permanent Water Saving Measures|