Monday, May 14th, 2018
Rainfall recorded at South Gippsland Water’s storages from 5th May – 12th May 2018 was Lance Creek 36mm, Ruby Creek 24mm, Coalition Creek 40mm, Deep Creek 28mm, Little Bass 26mm and Battery Creek 44mm.
South Gippsland Water’s Acting Managing Director, Mark Lynch said today that, “Some decent rainfall has been received in critical catchments, however storages have continued to decline. Stage 3 ‘Just Enough’ Water Restrictions remain in place for Korumburra.
All customers are encouraged to ensure that they are following either Stage 3 Water Restriction rules for residents of Korumburra or the Permanent Water Saving Rules for all other townships, which are low level restrictions on the use of drinking water in the home and garden.
Stage 3 Water Restriction Snapshot:
- Watering of lawns is BANNED
- Sprinkler Systems cannot be used.
- Gardens (not lawns) can only be watered between 6am–8am on alternate days*.
- Sporting Grounds – Watering is BANNED on non-exempt playing surfaces e.g. grassed oval or fairway. Some components of grounds can be watered e.g. Tennis Court, Lawn Bowls & Croquet Green, Golf Green & Tee (but not fairways/approaches). Watering may only be done between the hours 6am – 8am on alternate days*.
- *Alternate days means odd numbered houses can water on odd dates of the month and even numbered houses can water on even numbered dates. Both odd and even numbered houses can water on the 31st of the month. Where there is no house number the property is considered an even numbered house.
- Hosing concrete, paving and hard surfaces is BANNED except for construction purposes, in an emergency, or to address a health or safety hazard.
- Vehicles can only be washed via a bucket filled directly from a tap and then only to spot clean, windows, mirrors and lights.
- Pools cannot be filled, topped up or replaced without prior written permission by South Gippsland Water.
Permanent Water Saving Rules Snapshot:
- Water during the cool – Between 6pm and 10am.
- Sweep, don’t hose – Hosing hard surfaces such as paths and driveways is not permitted.
- Install trigger nozzles – All outdoor hoses are required to be leak free and fitted with trigger nozzles”.
Any customers who have questions or concerns regarding their water supply can contact South Gippsland Water’s friendly Customer Service Team on 1300 851 636.
|Reservoir||Major towns supplied||Capacity level %||Current Status|
|Lance Creek||Wonthaggi, Inverloch and Cape Paterson||70||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Ruby Creek||Leongatha and surrounds||53||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Coalition Creek||Korumburra and surrounds||33||Stage 3 Water Restrictions|
|Foster Dam – Deep Creek||Foster area||81||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Little Bass||Poowong, Nyora and Loch||41||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Battery Creek||Fish Creek||67||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|River Systems||Major Town Supplied||Current Status|
|Tarwin||Meeniyan, Dumbalk||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Agnes||Welshpool, Port Welshpool, Toora, Port Franklin||Permanent Water Saving Measures|
|Tarra||Yarram, Alberton, Port Albert||Permanent Water Saving Measures
River Flow: 6.8 ML/day at specified point.