Monday, March 31, 2014
Rainfall recorded at South Gippsland Water’s storages from the 22 March to 28 March 2014 was 9mm at Lance Creek, 16mm at Ruby Creek, 12mm at Coalition Creek, 2mm at Deep Creek, 12mm at Little Bass and 4mm at Battery Creek.
Ravi Raveendran, Manager of Operations, South Gippsland Water said today, “South Gippsland Water continues to supplement water supplies from the Tarwin River for Korumburra. Some rainfall was recorded at all catchments; however this was not enough to hold storage levels from declining. Further showers are forecast over the coming week”.
All customers are reminded that Permanent Water Saving Rules are in force for all water supply systems.
The Permanent Water Saving Rules include;
– All hand held garden hoses to be leak free and fitted with trigger nozzles.
– Only clean paved areas with water if it is required and there is a health or safety hazard, or if staining has occurred and then only once a year.
– Fountains and water features can be used only if they recirculate water.
– Water gardens and lawns with sprinkler systems between 6pm and 10am (during the cool).
– Hand held hoses and buckets can used at any time.